
I have been working the back end of my first detective novel It is more women's historical fiction than actual mystery solving. But yeah, there is one mystery that leads to more. I am having fun with it.
Went to my doctor's appointment today and things are going well. From my heaviest, I lost 80 pounds. It's amazing to me. I feel a lot different. I look different too.
I went down an internet rabbit hole today after my appointments. I looked to see if some of the epresses of the past are still open. I didn't keep up with that kind of thing. I saw that Cobblestone Press close because one of the owners passed. I couldn't find exactly who passed, but it looked like it was Sable Grey. She was very sweet. So, very sad news. Changeling Press is still around. AmberQuill is closed but oddly still up, I'm guessing for the bookshelf access. They do not sell books anymore. In fact the only publisher I recognized from the early 200s is Changeling Press. EXtasy Books is there but it appears they don't sell directly from the website, opting for third party sellers. That's probably a good idea, however with the name EXtasy Books, they used to sell erotica titles, but they broadened their offerings. Wild Rose Press is still around. Basically, with the ease of self publishing, the ebook publishing market changed a lot.
I was reminded of a friend I had made and had a falling out with years ago when we tried to start a publishing company. It makes me sad that things happened as they did. Things got nasty. And yet, I hadn't had such a connection since. It must be like 15 years ago. I tried looking her up online today (part of my internet rabbit hole) and her sites are down. I hope she is okay.
Some romance (Hot and steamy to sweet) e-Publishers:
These are only a few I found. Many I recognize like Carina (Harlequin's ebook publishing), Wilde Rose, Changeling, and Highlander Press.
No comments:
Post a Comment